2022 CINTAS S.H.I.N.E. (STAR HOUSEKEEPERS IN A NEW ERA) AWARD OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
ELIGIBILITY: The Cintas S.H.I.N.E. (Star Housekeepers In a New Era) Award (“Award”) begins on Monday, August 22, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends Friday, October 14, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Nomination Period”).
The Award is open only to Nominees (defined below) who are: (i) legal residents of the United States; (ii) who are at least 18 years old and the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of date of nomination; (iii) are employed at a hospitality property (e.g., hotel, motel, inn, bed & breakfast, resort) located in the United States (a “Property”); and (iv) work in a housekeeping role.
To submit a nomination, each “Nominator” must be: (i) a legal resident of the United States; (ii) who is at least 18 years old and the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of date of submission of the nomination.
Eligible Nominators may submit a nomination for a housekeeping professional they wish to have a chance to win the Award (each, a “Nominee”) during the Nomination Period as further described below. Anyone meeting the above Nominator eligibility criteria can nominate a housekeeper for the Award during the Nomination Period.
Void where prohibited. Employees, representatives, agents, directors, and officers of Cintas Corporation No. 2 (“Sponsor”) and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, public relations agencies and prize suppliers (including any vendors providing services in connection with this Award) (collectively, the “Sponsor Affiliates”), members of their immediate family (i.e., spouse, mother, father, parents-in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren) and persons domiciled with them are not eligible for consideration under this Award. The time shall be determined by Sponsor’s timekeeping systems. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion in determining the timeliness of any action or inaction related to this Award.
NOMINATION PERIOD: Eligible Nominators may submit Nominations starting on Monday, August 22, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ending Friday, October 14, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
HOW TO ENTER/NOMINATIONS: To enter, eligible Nominators must complete the following steps during the Nomination Period:
- Visit the Award website (cintas.com/SHINEAwards; the “Website”); and
- Complete the Nomination Form by following the on-screen instructions, including providing all required information (name, job title, phone number, email address and property name), the eligible Nominee’s years of service, and a short explanation (500 words or less) on why the Nominee deserves to be recognized
- Note: subject to eligibility requirements, a Nominee may nominate themselves for a chance to win
There is no limit on the number of Nominations you may submit. Illegible and incomplete entries are void and will not be reviewed. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or entries not received or not processed regardless of cause. Entries will not be returned to you.
REQUIRED REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: You must meet all the following as applicable to your Nomination. Failure to do so may result in your disqualification.
By entering, you represent and warrant with regard to your Nomination:
- (i) It is your own original work or you must have all the rights necessary to post or re-post the content. Each Nomination must not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, or that is defamatory, threatening, indecent, obscene or offensive, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or which requires a license from any third party.
- (ii) You have the express written consent of any identifiable persons appearing or referenced in your Nomination(s) to their Persona (as defined below) being used in the ways set out in these Official Rules, including Sponsor’s right to use your Nomination(s) for any future commercial purposes without restrictions. Upon request, you will obtain written consent of any such persons for Sponsor in the form identified by Sponsor.
- (iii) The Nomination does not reference any products or services of any company or entity or any third-party trademarks, logos, copyrights, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product, or service.
- (iv) Your Nomination is appropriate for public viewing. Without limiting the foregoing, your Nomination is not lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or otherwise contain content which Sponsor in its sole discretion decides is inappropriate or objectionable. Your Nomination(s) must also not disparage or cast a negative light on any person, entity, brand, product, or service.
- (v) Your Nomination complies with all of Sponsor’s requirements and terms regarding the use of its services.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to not consider any Nomination for the Award if it believes the Nomination violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules. You agree to reimburse Sponsor in full in respect of any losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable legal fees (including, where permitted, reasonable attorney fees) that they may sustain from the breach of a representation or warranty made by you or the use of any rights granted by you to Sponsor hereunder. By entering, you warrant that your Nomination(s) comply with the requirements set out above including those at (i)–(v) above. By entering, you will and hereby do grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, freely assignable license to reproduce your Nomination and to otherwise use, exploit, copy, modify, adapt, edit, publish and display the Nomination in any form, manner, venue, media or technology now known or later developed for any and all purposes, including, without limitation, for purposes of commercial or trade purposes, advertising, and promotion as Sponsor and its licensees or assignees determine, without further compensation, notification, or permission. Further, by entering, you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in any Nomination in favor of the Sponsor.
By submitting your Nomination you also grant to Sponsor the worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable, and freely transferable right, but not the obligation, to use any and all names, identities, titles, likenesses, distinctive appearances, physical likenesses, images, portraits, pictures, photographs (whether still or moving), screen personas, voices, vocal styles, statements, gestures, mannerisms, personalities, performance characteristics, biographical data, signatures, and any other indicia or imitations of identity or likeness listed, provided, referenced, or otherwise contained in the Nomination and/or image (all attributes, collectively, per person, a “Persona”) for purposes of advertising and trade, in any format, medium, or technology now known or later developed without further notice, approval, or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
JUDGING AND WINNER SELECTION:
Judging: At the end of the Nomination Period, a committee of qualified judges selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion consisting of employees/representatives of Sponsor and experts external to the Sponsor (the “Panel”) will evaluate all qualifying Nominations using the following criteria, as weighted in the Panel’s sole discretion: (i) the number and quality of nominations submitted per Nominee; (ii) compelling nature of the Nomination(s); and (iii) quality of service and dedication detailed in the Nomination(s) (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”). On or about November 7, 2022, subject to eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the Panel will select one (1) Nominee as the potential Grand Prize winner and nine (9) Nominees as potential runners-up based on the total score of the Judging Criteria. All decisions of the Panel are final.
Sponsor will reach out to the Nominator of each potential winner and runners-up to coordinate contacting the Nominee–winner and Nominee-runners-up, and upon each potential winner and runner-up’s verification of compliance with these Official Rules and consent to participate in the Award program, the potential winner will be declared a winner and each potential runner-up will be declared a runner-up.
For a Nominee to become a winner or runner-up, (i) Sponsor will contact each potential winner and runner-up after the judging panel has concluded its evaluations; and (ii) the Nominee must consent to participate in the Award program by responding within five (5) days of Sponsor’s initial notification, and providing all information requested by Sponsor. All decisions of Sponsor in declaring the potential Grand Prize winner and runners-up are final.
Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules, including any of the above dates (including but not limited to the Nomination Period, the judging period, and the date of selection of the potential winner), if Sponsor (in its sole discretion) deems such modification necessary to ensure fairness and/or preserve the spirit or goals of the Award
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) potential Grand Prize-winning Nominee will receive:
The Property at which the Grand Prize-winning Nominee works will receive:
- $2,500 in products and services from Cintas for their hospitality property
- A Rubbermaid Commercial Products package of cleaning essentials, including Executive Full Size Housekeeping Cart with Hood and Doors, Executive Quick Cart, Executive Series™ HYGEN™ Quick Connect Flexi Wand with Microfiber Dusting Sleeve (Case of 6), Executive Divided Carry Caddy (Case of 6), Executive Series™ HYGEN™ PULSE™ Microfiber Mop Kit, HYGEN™ 17″ Quick Connect Frame (Case of 6), HYGEN™ 48″ — 72″ Quick Connect Handle (Case of 6), HYGEN™ 18″ Microfiber Dust Pad (Case of 6), HYGEN™ 18″ Disposable Microfiber Pad (150 Pack), Executive Series™ HYGEN™ 16″ X 16″ Glass Microfiber Cloth (12 Pack), Executive Series™ 32 oz Spray Bottle (Case of 12) and HYGEN™ PULSE™ Microfiber High Capacity Caddy
- Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $2,329.29
- The Global Biorisk Advisory Council™ (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, will offer complimentary enrollment in the GBAC Infectious Disease Awareness Course
- ARV: $50
- A 1-year membership to the Indoor Environmental Healthcare and Hospitality Association (IEHA); 1 Frontline LMS Course; 1 Professional Education Credentialing Program Course – 3-day Virtual Course; 1 registration to an IEHA District Meeting plus 2-night hotel accommodations; and a feature in IEHA’s Newsletter and on its website
- ARV: $3,500
The total ARV of the Grand Prize package is $13,379.29.
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, nine (9) potential runners-up will receive:
Each Property at which each Runner-Up Nominee winner works will receive:
- A Rubbermaid Executive Quick Cart (valued at $326.51 per finalist)
- The Global Biorisk Advisory Council™ (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, will offer complimentary enrollment in the GBAC Infectious Disease Awareness Course (valued at $450 total)
- 1-year membership to the Indoor Environmental Healthcare and Hospitality Association (IEHA); and a complimentary Frontline LMS Course (valued at $699)
The total ARV of each runner-up prize package is $1,975.51.
Restrictions may apply. Prizes awarded to each winner are subject to the express requirement that the winner submit to Sponsor all documentation requested by Sponsor to permit compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local tax reporting and withholding requirements.
A NOMINEE IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF NOMINEE’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Neither Sponsor nor Sponsor Affiliates make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with this Award or any prize. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal value may be substituted at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes consist only of the items listed, are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Federal, state, or local taxes on prizes, if any and any other costs, fees or expenses not listed above are your sole responsibility.
NOTIFICATION: After the conclusion of the Nomination Period, and the Panel’s determination of the Potential Grand Prize winner and runners-up, each Nominator of a potential winner or runner-up and the potential winner and runners-up will be notified by available phone number or mail/email address, as determined solely by Sponsor, to verify their compliance with these Official Rules and consent to become a winner. To claim any prize, or to become a winner or runner-up, Sponsor may require the potential grand prize winner and runners-up to complete, sign, and return Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release forms, and other applicable documents, postmarked within ten (10) days of the date on the notification. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, is disqualified, or fails to timely execute and return any required forms, the potential winner with the second (and so forth) highest score will be selected from among the other eligible entries. Under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded.
PUBLICITY & MARKETING: BY ENTERING THE AWARD, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR, NEWELL RUBBERMAID, INC., THE INDOOR ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTHCARE AND HOSPITALITY ASSOCIATION (IEHA), A DIVISION OF ISSA, THE GLOBAL BIORISK ADVISORY COUNCIL (GBAC), A DIVISION OF ISSA, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH YOUR NOMINATION ON THE WEBSITE AND TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE (IN ANY OTHER CHANNEL OR MEDIUM) YOUR NOMINATION, INCLUDING THE PHOTO, YOUR BUSINESS NAME, BIOGRAPHICAL AND OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED AS PART OF YOUR NOMINATION FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU. BY ENTERING, YOU GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES AN EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE AND RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO TELECAST, BROADCAST, COPY, EDIT, ADAPT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, DISTRIBUTE, USE, OR OTHERWISE PUBLICLY DISPLAY ANY OR ALL OF YOUR NOMINATION, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF (INCLUDING ANY VIDEOS, PHOTOS OR OTHER CONTENT SUBMITTED OR PROVIDED TO SPONSOR), IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIUM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, FOR COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AND TO LICENSE OTHERS TO DO SO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU.
NO LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION: The Released Parties are not responsible for, and entrants release each from, any failures of any kind (whether caused by computer, technical, or human error) which may either limit the entrant’s ability to submit an entry, claim a prize, or otherwise participate in this Award, or Sponsor’s ability to include all eligible entries, notify potential winners, or otherwise execute this Award in the manner intended. Entrants further release, hold harmless, and agree to indemnify Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever arising from injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property (including, without limitation, real property and personal property) which may be sustained in connection with this Award including, but not limited to: (a) your participation in this Award; (b) the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; (c) Sponsor’s or Sponsor Affiliates’ use of any Nomination material; and (d) your breach of any of the terms in these Official Rules.
OTHER TERMS: Decisions of Sponsor and/or the Panel on all matters related to the Award are final. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Award for any reason, including but not limited to, if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Award, or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the Award as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY: Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify or prohibit your participation in this Award if fraud or tampering is suspected; if you fail to comply with any requirement of participation or with any provision in these Official Rules; if the nature of your business and/or your behavior or communication at any point is disruptive, may or does cause damage or to any person, property, or to the reputation of Sponsor, or is otherwise not in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices, all as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THIS AWARD IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL & CIVIL LAWS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND/OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY INDIVIDUAL MAKING ANY SUCH ATTEMPTS TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
WINNER LIST: The winners list will be posted to the Website on or about the week of November 7, 2022.
SPONSOR: Cintas Corporation No. 2, 6800 Cintas Blvd., Mason, Ohio 450402.