2021 – Miriam Rodriguez Alvarez Patterson, Calif.
According to Miriam Rodriguez Alvarez’s manager at Best Western Plus Villa Del Lago Inn, she “has changed the housekeeping department for the better.” Miriam strives for perfection in cleanliness, and although she is deaf, she does not allow it to be an obstacle in her housekeeping role. She always has a positive attitude and regularly communicates with and shows appreciation for hotel guests. Miriam helps lift employee morale and has been instrumental in upholding cleanliness for the property during the pandemic.
Other Finalists from 2021
- Angel Alsina – Hilton Garden Inn in Fort Myers, Fla.
- Calandra Sampson – Days Hotel Flagstaff in Flagstaff, Ariz.
- Cathy Rogers – Best Western Plus Morristown Inn in Morristown, N.J.
- Jaime Meraz – Viceroy Snowmass in Snowmass Village, Colo.
- Lorena Perales – Airlie in Warrenton, Va.
- Makinson Sido – Pelican Grand Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Marie Rousseau – Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort in Hollywood, Fla.
- Shirley Chen – Argonaut Hotel in San Francisco
- Yen Nguyen – Motif Seattle, a Destination by Hyatt Hotel in Seattle